And given that tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo, I figured it was the perfect time to put up this post. I wish I could take credit for this dish, but it was all Ryan on this one and it was fabulous. My iPhone pic does not do it justice.
He based the crunchy avocado salad on Bobby Flay's amazing recipe and it turned out great. Doesn't it just sound delicious? And summery? And perfect with a margarita? Ok, you get my point... arriba! Kind of embarrassed I just
Anyway, for the chicken and rice we just whipped up some marinated tequila lime chicken and made white rice with cilantro and lime. And here's the recipe for the salad, which you can easily switch up the ingredients in for whatever you please.
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 2 ripe Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, roughly chopped
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, torn
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a couple handfuls of blue corn tortilla chips
1. Gently toss all the ingredients except the tortilla chips in a large bowl.
2. Crumble the chips over the top and serve.
Happy Friday and have an amazing weekend! Accompanied by a margarita or two, of course.